All entries will be evaluated using the following evaluation criteria:
Problem or Opportunity Being Addressed – 5 points
- The entrant/team describes the problem they want to solve or the opportunity for improvement that they want to accomplish – why do this innovation project?
Solution – 15 points
- The entrant/team describes their innovation clearly and concisely – what exactly is the innovation?
Supporting documents or images help explain the innovation
- The entrant/team describes how the project is innovative relative to their community/market/potential users or beneficiaries – how is this new or improved, compared to what is already available to the users or beneficiaries?
Research Done – 5 points
- The entrant/team explains how they have conducted community/background/expert research throughout the design process
Expected Impact – 10 points
- The entrant/team clearly identifies the target users or beneficiaries of this innovation – who will use or benefit from this innovation? The entrant/team describes in concrete terms how the innovation will improve things for the target users or beneficiaries – how will this innovation be helpful or useful to them?
Feasibility of Implementing the Innovation – 10 points
- The entrant/team explains how this innovation can be, or has been, fully implemented for their intended users/put on the market. The entrant/team proposes appropriate solutions to overcome potential barriers to implementing their innovation
Collaboration – 5 points
- The entrant identifies collaborators and community partnerships who will support their work as they plan, build, test, and implement their innovation
Please note: that while Ingenious+ invites you to provide additional information about your innovation that might make the submission more clear to the judges, such as videos, presentations, articles, the innovation itself is still judged on the listed criteria.
How can I participate?
Check your eligibility and explore the site for inspiration.